KACO’s global test centres are an important part of our partnership with our customers and our commitment to quality. Together with our customers, we develop new solutions for the optimisation of conventional and new drive technologies. The global test centres enable us to test extensive and complex requirements, and our own test bench construction and large test field ensure the highest quality and maximum availability (time to market).
KACO invested in the areas of simulation and product testing for new and conventional technologies at an early stage. This enables KACO to realise short-term application and new development projects for hybrid and purely electric, but of course also conventional drives, together with its customers. Endurance, climate and application tests as well as special tests of various kinds for all product groups guarantee maturity assurance in product development at the highest automotive standard. These include oil seals, sensor wheels and sensors, seals for cooling water circuits, hydraulic seals, gearshift pistons and pistons, breathing valves and quick exhaust valves as well as static seals.
Extensive functional tests are necessary to cover all eventualities in the later life of the component. All new products are therefore tested extensively as early as the development phase. Extensive testing therefore serves both to safeguard the product during development and to safeguard the ongoing series products.
In our global test centres, we can also carry out all release-relevant and function-securing tests. As standard, we offer tests according to international standards as well as individual customer specifications. New or unusual tests can be implemented at short notice thanks to our own test stand construction and toolmaking facilities.
Innovative testing at KACO
KACO uses an exceptionally large number of test benches for the various product groups. 46 test heads for water pump seals, for example, or 42 test heads for endurance runs of radial shaft seals at the Kirchardt site. KACO is also well positioned with regard to real life, internal rotor cooling, emergency venting and shaft earthing ring test benches. These are:
- Fully automatic test stand for shaft earthing rings, including automatic resistance detection with different contacting options
- Fully automatic thermal shock and dry-running test bench for water pump seals
- E-Mobility test benches for rotor internal cooling seals with automatic friction value and leakage detection
- Sensor test benches for sensor wheels and new sensor systems
- Test bench for emergency vent valves for battery cells with extremely high air flow rates
- Fully automatic hysteresis test bench for hydraulic seals (switching pistons etc.)
- High-precision high-speed friction test benches for radial shaft seals
A head start through in-house testing
KACO has continued to deepen and advance its expertise, not least through testing. Because products can only be further developed by ensuring performance. Simulation results can be compared and checked at any time via testing so that products can be permanently optimised.