Apprenticeship as tool mechanic (f/m/d)
What does a tool mechanic (f/m/d) do?
Tool mechanics (f/m/d) manufacture punching tools or injection moulds for the production of RADIA shaft seals, AXIA mechanical seals, oscillating and pneumatic seals.
They machine workpieces, e.g. by drilling, milling, turning, grinding and filing. In doing so, they adhere exactly to the dimensions specified in the technical drawings. They use measuring and testing devices to check the dimensional accuracy of workpieces down to thousandths of a millimetre.
In addition to traditional manual machining methods, they use CNC-controlled machine tools, which they program themselves if necessary. They maintain and repair damaged or worn tool parts and moulds.
How long does the training take?
As a rule, training as a tool mechanic (m/f/d) takes 3.5 years. The training can also be shortened to 3 years with a very good training grade average.
The school-based training takes place at the Christian Schmidt School in Neckarsulm.
Which departments will you pass through during the training period?
- Training workshop
- Mould making
- Stamping shop
- Special machine construction
- Quality assurance
- CNC milling
What requirements should you bring with you?
- Good manual skills and technical understanding
- Accuracy, reliability and high commitment
- Logical thinking
- Conscientious and independent way of working
- Intermediate school leaving certificate
your application documents
For the review of your application we need:
- A detailed cover letter
- A curriculum vitae in table form
- Copies of your most recent school reports
- Certificates, proof of qualifications or internships, if available
What does the application process look like?
- Invitation to the aptitude test
- Invitation to the interview
- Prompt acceptance or rejection
KACO GmbH + Co. KG
Herr Volker Gebhardt
Frau Julia Hartwich
list of notes for your
- Have you read up on KACO on the homepage?
- Do you know what KACO makes and are you familiar with our products?
- Do you know our locations?
- Do you know about your apprenticeship?
- Why should we choose you?